free invisible hit counter Becoming the all-round poker player

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

WED 15th NOV

Well. An unexpected post this evening as I'm having a little change in strategy. After running stupidly bad today, and letting it affect other things that I need to be doing, I've decided to give poker a break until next week. On Tuesday I am going to Nottingham to play a live MTT so until then I will not play. I need to fill in and send off a number of job application forms as the places are quickly going, and could do with a bit of extra time to catch up with other stuff.

So, here is what happened today:

NL CASH - $50NL

Hands (Total): 0 (17067)
$ won (Total): $0 (-$273.20)
Current BR: $726.80

Couldn't face playing cash after last night's fiasco!


STTs - $12s

Games (Total): 0 (133)
$ won (Total): $0 ($285.00)
Current BR: $885.00


Didn't have time to play any of these.

MTTs - $11s

Games (Total): 7 (7)
$ won (Total): -$27.70 (-$27.70)
Current BR: $522.30

Firstly, Pokerstars kindly refunded my buy-ins from the tournaments I was disconnected from yesterday. Well done them. So, I played a few more today. And they sucked.

Tournament 1 - Absolute Poker NLH $2 rebuy

106 runners. Everyone rebought loads. Down to the last 36 runners and I'm about averagely stacked. Been plugging away, taking many hands with out showdown. Bustout 1.

Tournament 2 - Full Tilt $5.50 NLH Freezeout

188 runners. Been playing really REALLY well. Dominating bubbles, picking off bluffs. Really happy with the way I'm playing here. Get down to final 10, final table is top 9. 1st pays about $275 I think. Am 4th in chips. Ooooo, bustout 2.

Tournament 3 - Pokerstars $8.80 PLO

88 runners. Not doing too bad. Top 9 play and I need to make a move with 19 left and I'm in 13th. Pick up AsAd8s7d, I think that will do. I pot, opponent repots, I push, I call. Opponent has KdKc8c7c. Awesome. 8s 5s Td. Awesome. Kh on the turn. They weren't even joking...

Tournament 4 - Pokerstars $5.50 NLH Freezeout

517 runners. Still about 200 left, but I've got a fairly good chip stack. Until this. Crippled 4.
Painful. Oh well, I can build a stack now and get back into this. Oh, no I can't. Bustout 4.

Tournament 5 - VC Poker $11 NLH Freezeout.

Can't get the hand history for this as PokerTracker does not support VC Poker. But...
90 runners. Down to 32, I'm about 18th. Push over a button's raise with QQ with about 16xBB. He instantly calls with A4o. AA2 on the flop and I'm busted!

Tournament 6 - CD Poker $3.30 NLH $1000 Guaranteed.

365 runners. Had maneuvered the field pretty well. Got lucky with about 40 left to double up when A3s beat KK. Then doubled with AA vs KTo. However, all this was too much luck for one man and I was damaged with AK beaten by AQ. Still, when we were down to 12 players, I had built myself back up to 5th in chips. Silly me for getting AA. Bustout 6. Would have put me chip leader, with 1st paying around $300. 12th still bagged me $10.75 though. Awesome!

Tournament 7 - Ultimate Bet $5.50

205 runners. About half way through with 104 players left. Am about 30th in chips. Madness ensues preflop and after pushing with KK on the BB I am called by ATo (covered me), AKs (covered me) and AKo. Obviously an A falls on the river for them all to hit their one outers! Would have put me in a big chip lead.

TOTAL BR: $2134.10

A combination of having other stuff to do, and running like absolute turd, has forced me to take some time off. I know this is hard to hear loyal readers, but I very much doubt there will be any updates for a least a week. Something to look forward to I guess.

skegvegaspoker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home