free invisible hit counter Becoming the all-round poker player

Sunday, October 22, 2006

SUN 22nd OCT - UPDATE

Apologies for not delivering this update on time, but blogger was down yesterday evening so I thought I would update tonight. I think its fair to say, I've been busy....

NL CASH - $25NL

Hands (Total): 1296 (9744)
$ won: +$181.80 (+$625.53)
Current BR: $1125.53

As of Saturday night these results were accurate. However, although I hadn't quite made the level to move up, I decided to move to$50NL on Sunday. This is because I was attempting to complete the $75K cheque-raiser promotion, and wanted to do so all at one limit, rather than keep opening and closing tables at multi limits. So, after Saturday night I removed the surplus $125.53 from my NL cash bankroll and moved up to $50NL.

As this marks the end (hopefully forever) of $25NL, here are my stats and graphs.

Hands: 9744
Amount won: +$625.53
PTBB/100: 13.07

Pretty happy with my progress at $25NL. Felt I very much had the better of almost all my opponents, and ignoring the slight cooler toward the end, pretty much dominated it. 13.07PTBB/100 is certainly satisfactory.

Here, the first pretty graph of the new blog.


NL CASH - $50NL

Hands (Total): 5324 (5324)
$ won (Total): +$157.15 (+$157.15)
Current BR: $1157.15

An absolute LOLLERCOASTER to start $50NL. The promotion at Party was that the top 10 players in terms of number of raked hands got an extra $300 and 11-30 got an extra $150. So, 6 tabling 6max $50NL for 9 hours without a break was the task. And I succeeded in that. Finished 7th overall for $300 bonus. A nice bit of spending money for my time away next week. Was exhausting mind.

I'm too tired to dig out the hand histories, but today I had two A high flushes (with 2 flush hole cards) beaten by straight flushes. However, made amends when my AA beat KK on a AKAKT board. That was fun! Also, hit quads twice, but in over 5000 hands only hit 3 sets. And two of them lost big stacks when top 2 pair filled up. Very annoying stuff. The other one got no action. After a 1000 hands I was down $250 and fairly pissed off. But I had a 30 minute spell where I went from -$250 to +$60. Flopping straights and flushes, hitting my OESDs etc. Was beautiful to watch. LOL.

Up and down for the rest of it, but one table I finished with $310 (620xBB) which I was happy with. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to play for 9 hours straight. Wasn't exactly enjoying at times, but not really a chore either. And I financially worthwhile with the offer being on, so I think I might do the same thing tomorrow, if I can build up the enthusiasm. We shall see.

Only another $1342.85 until I can move to $100NL. Easy.

STTs - $6.50s

Games (Total): 82 (127)
$ won (Total): +$66 (+$119)
Current BR: $669

Am a big fan of pokerstars for sngs. Never realised, while I was at Party, how good they were. It is impossible to get rakeback at Pokerstars, but the lowered rake in the turbos, compared to Party, means you aren't losing as much as it seems. Due to the excellent table mods and supportive software, I have found it easy to 12,15 and even 20 table these, by just laying 4 on the screen and have the one with the action rise to the top. MTH tells me if I'm ever sitting out, which I haven't been so far.

Not bad results so far either. Just have to put in some volume to get the extra $291 to move up to the $16s. Think I'm really starting to progress now.

MTTs - $16.50s

Games (Total): 0 (0)
$ won (Total): 0 (0)
Current BR: $825

Nothing to see here.

TOTAL BR: $2651.15

Sorry this update couldn't be more in depth as far as hand analysis etc, but that 9 hour session has kind of tired me out. Happy to move to $50NL and although not the best of starts, it could have been worse. There is a marked improvement in the play IMO, although most say there isn't, but I still think I am superior to the standard. Looking forward to playing loads more hands.

So, next update will be on Tuesday night, and will be the last one for a while, as I'm going to Newcastle for a re-union weekend, with trips to Nottingham and Durham to see friends from home who are at uni either side of the trip. Am going to play in the £20 rebuy live competition in Nottingham, which although is currently slightly out of my BR will be pretty awesome and I wont be counting it as poker, but more as entertainment. (ie I will be a fish, lol). Also need to learn how to riffle chips before then; make me look better than I am.

Right, until Tuesday.

skegvegaspoker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home