free invisible hit counter Becoming the all-round poker player

Sunday, November 12, 2006

SUN 13th NOV - UPDATE

Being a really mixed weekend regarding my poker fortunes. Here they are..

NL CASH - $50NL

Hands (Total): 191 (15353)
$ won (Total): +$146.90 (+$69.05)
Current BR: $1069.05

Maybe the best 191 hands I've ever played. Had flopped full house against a turned flush, my opponent donked. Had a KQ on 789TJ, overpushed the river, got called by 33 (ie, opponent donked). Had A high flush against Q high flush. Poker is easy sometimes huh. Hopefully, I can maintain my good play (read running well) from here onwards and actually become a winner at $50NL. Because not being able to beat that is frankly embarrassing.

STTs - $12s

Games (Total): 84 (84)
$ won (Total): +$160.20 (+$160.20)
Current BR: $760.20


The Full Tilt STTs are weak. Granted, I am only playing at the $11s. But they are WEAK! Hardly any multitablers at all and so many people who berate you so making standard +EV pushes. Its rather amusing. I really didn't seem to run well, in fact, if anything I think I ran a little poorly at times. Will certainly continue focussing on these during the week as they seem like very easy money.

MTTs - $16.50

Games (Total): 26 (40)
$ won (Total): -$204.99 (-$309.29)
Current BR: $515.71

Unreal. I finished as bubble boy in 5 of these tournaments. 2 of them NLH with AA vs lower pocket pair preflop. 1 razz with A235 vs 279K...hit trip jacks on the last streets. Sweet. 1 PLO with AcAsKcQs vs KdKs8s5s. 1 PLO8 with As2h3sKd vs JJ53. Pure class. Especially enjoyed the razz one as the hand before I had lost a lot of chips with A234 as my first four cards, when I was chip leader. 2 hands from chip leader to bubble boy, what a beauty!

Only cashed in 2 out of 26 tournies. One I was fairly short stacked coming into the money and lost a coinflip for my stack. Other was my last one tonight. 319 runner, $1000 guaranteed on Absolute Poker. Average stack is about 30000 and I have ~50000 chips. Top 4 pays over $100, 1st pays about $350 I recall. 12 people left. 6 handed on my table. CO (25000) opens for 7000 at 1000/2000 and I've got KK. Re-raise to 20000, he pushes, I call. AK good enough to win that one. Very next hand, same guy now CO+1 raises to 7000 again. I push my ~25000 into the pot with AK. He calls with AQ, which is good enough to win that hand. Really typified the way I've been running in these tournies. I had a massive grip on this tourney in my opinion and avoiding any beats, really think I would have won it.

So, it pains me so, but I'm going to have to move back down to playing the $11s max and $2.20 rebuys. Woo hoo. My average finish as a percentage in these MTTs is 0.28. All I can say is Mr. Variance has well and truly bitten my ass!

Here is a lush graph of my MTT downfall since moving to all tournies upto $16.50. Pretty darn fun!



Total BR: $2344.96

So, despite horrendous misfortune in my MTTs this weekend, I have managed to increase my BR by ~$130 in the last two days. Can't complain I suppose.

What I can, and will, complain about is Party Poker. To cut a long story short, they owe me $1800 from rakeback from September and October and it looks about 99% certain that they are refusing to pay me. This doesn't affect my roll, but its kind of annoying losing about £1000 that you were sure was coming to you. Party are so amazingly dishonest in their business practices and its pretty outstanding that they consistently are allowed to get away with it. However, I suppose that is just the nature of the industry.

Think I'm going to be giving my custom to FTP from now on. Until they do something outrageous at least.

skegvegaspoker

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been F'd in the A by Party mate, but keep up the cash game progess and u'll be sweet BN

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home