free invisible hit counter Becoming the all-round poker player

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

TUE 24th OCT - UPDATE

So, this will be my last post for about a week as I'm touring the country getting drunk with different friends from school and University. Yeah, hard life I know. Played the cheque-raiser promotion again on Monday and then a few hands today.

NL CASH - $50NL

Hands (Total): 5919 (11243)
$ won: (Total): -$171.39 (-$14.24)
Current BR: $985.76

As I said, I attempted to get a top 10 spot in the "party poker" cheque-raiser promotion again on Monday, and as far as that was concerned I succeeded. However, at playing good poker, I kind of failed. 9 hour sessions in consecutive days probably isn't the best recipe for winning poker. Saying that, I've never seen so many "only card in the deck moments" and I just wasn't hitting any hands. For 9 hours. In 5,500 hands in that time, I made 11 flushes. This is playing 22/16. IE, "89s from late position is the nuts" type poker. Just a horrible day. I was ~$330 down after the session, but fortunately decided to play a little more at 3am on Tuesday and regained 2 buy-ins and then won another 2 at Full Tilt on Tuesday.

So, despite actually losing a few $s since moving up from $25NL, in reality it isn't too bad. With rakeback and bonuses I've actually pocketed about $800-$900 in 3 days, which can't be bad! As far as $50NL goes, I think it is easily beatable but not without some kind of work. On my return from this trip, I will be posting many more hands on the uSNL of 2+2 and spend less time playing less than optimally or watching TV shows.

I haven't played either STTs or MTTs since the last update.

Total BR: $2636.91

So, tomorrow night I will be playing in a live £20 rebuy tournament in Nottingham with a friend, and I am extremely excited about it. I have a strategy to ensure it is within my boundaries cost wise, and of course I have the strategy to pwn it and take it down. Obviously.

So, see you in a week.

skegvegaspoker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home