free invisible hit counter Becoming the all-round poker player

Sunday, October 08, 2006

SAT 7th OCT - UPDATE

So, as I start out on my new mission, here are my results so far. I have mainly been playing MTTs so far, as that is what I missed playing the most while I was on my STT quest. However, I have played one successful set of $11 STTs and a few hands of NL cash. All results except current BR are since last update

NL CASH - $25NL

Hands: 1079
$ won: +$151.66
Current BR: $781.58

Had some really good sessions in NL cash recently. Since I started, I am running at over 20PTBB/100, which is really good, even for this limit. I am confident with my game, which I have generally learnt from watching Green Plastic's videos on www.cardrunners.com, a website that I would highly recommend to students of the game.

Highlights in NL cash since my last update was (correctly) laying down AA on a fairly dry flop to some overwhelming pressure from two opponents. Here. Although I should have raised more pre-flop, I was happy with how I played the rest of the hand. I was instantly going to call the first push, but second player was fairly tight post-flop so I was sure he had 2 pair at worst. I guess this is fairly standard for regulars, but being new to the game I was impressed with myself for laying it down.

Also, I was happy with getting my $25NL buy-in upto $130 in about an hour, but all the hands that got me there were pretty simple so none are worth posting.

My worst hand by far was this. Here. I have to stop even thinking about making calls like this in these situations. This guy was pretty good and there is almost no chance he is stacking himself with a hand that I can beat here.

STTs - $11s

Games: 12
$ won: +$88
Current BR: $638

Nothing to mention here, except I forgot just how bad the players at the $11s are.

MTTs - $11s

Games: 26
$ won: +$18.41
Current BR: $568.41

I very much enjoyed these MTTs this week, although my results weren't that fantastic. Some real near misses though. Came 11th/940 in a Party Poker $11 NLH for +$90. With 11 players, I was a pretty average stack, but my only hands for the next 20 mins were a steal from the CO and AJ losing to KQ against a small stack. After 20 mins there were still 11 players as every short-stack had double or tripled up and I was becoming a shorter stack myself. So, I pushed 44 from the button for about 8xBB and unfortunately ran into 99 and I was gone.

I the same tournament the night after, I finished 15th. This time, I was 3rd in chips and was failry annoying when the chip leader's AKo beat my AA after getting all-in on a K62 flop. Another K on the river and I was gone. This was painful as this time I felt I had a huge chance of taking it down, and 1st paid a healthy $2500. Had to settle with $86 for 15th.

Otherwise, I came 4th in a Razz tourney on Absolute Poker ($11 buy-in), but there were only 30 runners so only a $35 pay out.

Looking forward to one day taking down one of the big ones on Party for a sizeable amount. Came 60th in a 2000 runner $11, but was disappointed when I overplayed my JJ with a greater than average stack and ran into what was fairly obviously AA-QQ to crash out. That was $3500 if I'd taken it down. They are certainly worth winning.

Total BR: $1987.99

So, I'm going to try and up the volume this week after Saturday and Sunday have gone out of the window after drinking a little too much on Saturday night. Hopefully, will get nearer to a moving up limit in one of the 3 classes. Wish me luck.

skegvegaspoker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home